Do people understand it and can they use it? These are the questions I help companies answer about their websites, apps, and software. I am equal parts usability researcher and UX designer and enjoy working with diverse teams to solve complex problems in simple and engaging ways.
Expertise in conducting and managing a variety of user research methods and working with multi-disciplinary teams to translate complex processes and workflows into usable products.
Specialties include: prototyping & interactive design, information architecture, usability testing, user research, heuristic evaluation, UX design.
Proven track-record of influencing measurable UX improvements.
Relevant Experince: 20+ years of experience in visual design, branding, and marketing. Understanding of web design and development using a variety of tools and languages.
Sr. UX Researcher & Strategist
JEB Commerce, Coeur d’Alene, ID, 2015–Present
- Conducted a variety of user experience research activities for clients in the software, medical, and utilities sectors.
- Worked with multi-disciplinary teams to create prototypes and designs for complex software, ensuring UX improvements are implemented in the product.
- Mentored and managed junior researchers
Director of User Experience
Sixth Man Marketing, Spokane, WA, 2010–2015
- Managed the UX team and created the vision for UX strategy, research, testing, and reporting
- Led multi-step usability testing projects for clients in the banking, medical, and utilities sectors
- Conducted usability audits and provided design recommendations on clients’ user interfaces
- Managed the design and development of rapid prototyping and interactive designs for usability testing projects
- Consulted clients on short- and long-term strategies for online marketing efforts, including: website development, website governance and
management, usability and conversion testing, content development, information architecture, and technology review.
Founding Partner & Creative Director
Mission Minded, San Francisco, CA, 2001–2008
- Co-Founded a marketing an d branding firm that works exclusively with nonprofit organizations and foundations.
- Hired and managed the creative team of visual designers, writers, and developers
- Created the company’s visual standards
- Managed projects end-to-end, including: proposals and contracts, client communications, schedules, presentations, written reports, quality control, testing, delivery of projects, and post mortem project reviews
- Bid out, managed, and QC’d printing for client projects
Sr. Graphic Designer
Words Pictures Ideas, San Francisco, CA, 2000–2001
- Designed identities, print collateral, and websites for clients in the government, healthcare, and education sectors
- Managed projects and oversaw the work of junior design staff
Coleman Design Group, Washington, DC, 1997–2000
- Designed identities, print collateral, and trade show exhibits for clients in the government, corporate, and education sectors