Expertise in conducting and managing a variety of user research methods and working with multi-disciplinary teams to translate complex processes and workflows into usable interfaces.
Specialties include: usability testing, user research, prototyping & interactive design, information architecture, heuristic evaluation, landing page and ad campaign design.
Proven track-record of influencing measurable UX improvements.
Relevant Experience: 20+ years of experience in visual design, branding, and marketing. Understanding of web design and implementation using a variety of tools and languages.
JEB Commerce, Coeur d’Alene, ID, 2015–Present
- Conducted a variety of user experience research activities for clients in the software, medical, and utilities sectors.
- Worked with multi-disciplinary teams to create prototypes and designs for complex software, ensuring UX improvements are implemented in the product.
- Mentored and managed junior researchers.
Director of User Experience
Sixth Man Marketing, Spokane, WA, 2010–2015
- Managed the UX team and created the vision for UX strategy, research, testing, and reporting.
- Led multi-step usability testing projects for clients in the banking, medical, and utilities sectors.
- Conducted usability audits and provided design recommendations on clients’ user interfaces.
- Managed the design and development of rapid prototyping and interactive designs for usability testing projects.
- Consulted clients on short- and long-term strategies for online marketing efforts, including: website development, website governance and management, usability and conversion testing, content development, information architecture, and technology review.
Partner, Creative Director
Mission Minded, San Francisco, CA, 2001–2008
- Co-Founded a branding firm that works exclusively for nonprofit organizations and foundations.
- Hired and managed the creative team of visual designers, writers, and developers.
- Created the company’s visual standards.
- Managed projects end-to-end, including: proposals and contracts, client communications, schedules, presentations, written reports, quality control, testing, delivery of projects, and post mortem project reviews.
- Bid out, managed, and QC’d printing for client projects.
Words Pictures Ideas, San Francisco, CA, 2000–2001
- Designed identities, print collateral, and websites for clients in the government, healthcare, and education sectors.
- Managed projects and oversaw the work of junior design staff.
Coleman Design Group, Washington, DC, 1997–2000
- Designed identities, print collateral, and tradeshow exhibits for clients in the government, corporate, and education sectors.